What is the treatment for dermatomyositis?

I am 25 and have dermatomyositis . I need care from a doctor familiar with my condition. I live in haymarket, va.
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 31 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I will like to tell you that since you suffer from dermatomyositis and have pain in muscles now , that means you are experiencing a flare . A thorough evaluation will be recommended for you . Routine blood tests like , CBC , ESR, CRP , LFT , RFT . Specialised tests like CPK , LDH , SGOT , S . aldolase will be required to see the activity . Generally high dose corticosteroids are required for again achieving remission which are generally given by intravenous route . I could find out these doctors which are board certified rheumatologist near your place . Dr. Mohsen Ghafouri, MD Rheumatology 15195 Heathcoat Blvd Suite Suite 334, Haymarket, VA 20169 Dr. XXXXXXX O. XXXXXXX MD Rheumatology 9378 Forestwood Ln Suite C, Manassas, VA 20110 You can consult either of them , they will be able to mange your condition . Take care. Dr. Shruti