What is the treatment for cramping lower abdominal pain with a family history of uterine cancer?

General Surgeon
I am 66 and am having low abdominal pain, centrally located. It is sometimes like a cramp and sometimes an ache. The only way I could sleep was on my stomach, like when I had period cramps. Uterine cancer runs in my family so I am a bit concerned. I had a full body ct scan done in XXXXXXX of last year and it did not indicate anything wrong with my uterus. Do you have any idea of what this might be? My bowels are fine. No problems there.
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Urinary tract infection or stones. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Lower abdomen is where a bladder is located (in front of uterine). So very often lower abdominal pain is caused by urinary tract infection or stones. Especially if you have also frequent urinating or burning while urinating. Uterine cancer can give such symptoms as well. And CT does not rule it out, especially in early stages. Here is what you should do: - have urine analysis, blood work and abdominal ultrasound - visit gynecologist, have transvaginal ultrasound and pap smear test Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.