What is the treatment for clusters of small bumps on my child's foot?

my 14 yo son has three specific spots on his top of foot and ankle that look like little rash clusters of small bumps. he says they have been there for about one month. they itch when he thinks about it and scratches them. they have not spread, but they haven't gone away at all. he says they now have a pus or liquid that makes his fingers wet/slippery when he itches them. this is a "new" symptom..I.e., .that wasn't the case a month ago. I've touched them but have no symptoms, so I don't feel its contagious. also with all his itching they haven't spread. any ideas?
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Itchy bumps on the foot- Possibilities Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic, It could be prurigo or lichen simplex chronicus. As it is oozing liquid now, it could be due to secondary infection or wound due to scratching. You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can assess it better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'. Prurigo is usually treated with potent topical steroid. If there is infection antibiotic will be required. Hope this helped, Take care.