What is the treatment for bumps on my lip?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
What are these bumps on my lip which ive never noticed before? they're causing anxiety and look bad like a disease :(
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: thanks for the query. This shouldnt concern you and I dont see this as some cosmetic problem in you. It looks to me like Fordyce spots and this is normally seen in people just it may be more prominent in some individuals as in your case. These are actually lip glands. It doesnt have any bad effect and it can be only cosmetic concern so treatment is not necessary in most people. But there are treatment methods such as laser,surgical excision or certain creams. You should contact your dermatologist about it. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
Follow-up: What is the treatment for bumps on my lip? 3 minutes later
thank you for your quick response dr. Romic, what creams can I try to remove them? I'm self concious of them so it is stressful for me.
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: well there are specific gels: Tretinoin gel or accutane. I dont know is it available in your place. But laser therapy or criotehrapy should be available in any dermatology department.