What is the treatment for athlete's foot with blisters along the side of my foot?

Im a 30yr old white female. I got an extreme case of athletes foot while working as a defense contractor in Afghanistan 2 years ago. I have tried numerous store bought creams and several prescriptions from my PCP, but nothing has worked. It is only the top half of my left foot. The sole of my foot and the skin between all of my toes is scaling and flaking so bad that it almost seems like its just disintegrating or being eaten away. I also have blisters on the sole and along the side of my foot. The blisters have a little black dot in the middle, and itch worse than the other parts. sometimes when I scratch them they break open and liquid comes out, and then it itches even worse. Does it sound like this is definitely athletes foot and if so what else can I do to make it go away?
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: The disease may be fungus induced disease. Detailed Answer: Hi, As you said, you he scaly and vesicular lesions on left foot dorsa,sole and interdigital areas. I would like to ask few questions. Dou have any symptoms like burning or pain? Time period of the disease? Any bad habit of alcohol,smoking or tobacco chewing? Do you ave any disease like diabetes,heart disease,blood pressure? Do you take any medicine? Did you go for blood tests like RBS,HIV or other? And please send photos of the part affected... After reading answers and seeing the photos, I might give proper advice. Thanks. Dr. Ilyas Patel MD