What is the swelling in feet with constipation when on meloxicam?
User rating for this question
My husband fell and hurt his back on Monday evening. He has a new prescription of Meloxicam for bursitis. He started taking it after he fell four nights ago has become constipated and this morning woke with swelling in his feet. I looked up side effects and found these on that list. Do we need to go to the emergency room or can we stop taking the medication and find a natural remedy for water retention?
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Immediately stop taking meloxicam. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. You should immediately stop taking meloxicam and consult your doctor who would do your physical examination. I am assuming that you have taken meloxicam with prescription of your doctor so remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects. But unfortunately, you have side effect of this medicine so you must go to your doctor and discuss all this with him/her. You should not take any medicine for constipation and swelling in feet by yourself as it may cause more harm to your. Do not take any natural remedy for water retention. I hope you have got your answer. You are welcome to ask further health related queries. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: WWW.WWWW.WW Let me know if you have any concerns. Thanks. Dr.Singh.
People also viewed
- Having hypogammaglobulinemia with broken toe
- Fear of failure tensed rapid heart beat obsessive treatment
- Diagnosing a broken metacarpal
- Lip color changed from pink to dark brown remedies
- What is the remedy for constipation when on antacid
- Pregnant is chickenpox contagious can i be affected
- Does anus swell when constipated
- Symptoms of broken pinky distal phalanx
- Severe bloating spotting swollen stomach not pregnant have endometriosis
- What is the remedy for constipation when on fostitol
- How do i know if i have broken my sacrum
- Problem in stomach stool looks like urine dangerous during pregnancy
- Can constipation cause swelling in feet
- Methylprednisolone for broken capillary
- What is the treatment for constipation and swelling in anus