What is the suggestible diet for losing weight?

Dietitian & Nutritionist
Hi My Name is XXXX. I Have Issues Related to My Increasing Weight. My Age is 23 Yrs , Hight is168 Cm and Wieght is 92 Kg, I used to Do Workout But From Last One Months I am Unable to Do So , I do Workout at Home Not attempted Gym... What Should Be My Diet ,,, Plz Suggest .....Wat Should Be My ideal Weight.
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Diet Plans
Answered by Meenakshi Attrey 19 hours later
Brief Answer: regular exercises with balanced low calorie diet Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX greetings from HealthcareMagic. you ideal body weight as per your height and age should be between 66 to 70 kilos. At present your BMI is (Body Mass Index) is approx. 32.6 Kg/m2. Since this falls in Obese grade, i would suggest you to start with regular physical exercises along with the necessary dietary modifications. Together, these would help in improving the metabolism, i.e. the fat burning capacity of the body, resulting in weight loss. To manage the dietary calories, include more salads, fruits and whole grains in your diet, these would provide the insoluble fibers and add bulk to your diet. Refined foods are low on fiber and provide instant calories thus, reduce or avoid taking bakery foods and items like puffs and burgers, pizza etc.. Limit the intake of the saturated fats like pure ghee, butter, cream etc. these foods are rich in saturated fats and are associated with high cholesterol and body fat levels . Instead, choose from the unsaturated fats like refined vegetable oils like olive oil, sunflower oil, soybean oil, rice XXXXXXX oil etc. Choose from the low fat dairy products, and replace the regular cheese with tofu (soy paneer). If you eat non vegetarian food, go for the leaner cuts and preferably avoid the red meat and organs. Also, say no to egg yolk. Make sure that you take only roasted non veg. and for not more than twice a week. Keep yourself hydrated and divide your meals into smaller portions. Eat frequently; fix timings to help you keep safe from eating in-between. Eating frequently does not necessarily mean that you can eat at any time. Do not forget to keep yourself sufficiently hydrated throughout the day. You may include sugar less green tea and black coffee in your daily routine. It’s packed with antioxidants to boost the metabolism. Take your meal before leaving the house, to avoid those hunger strokes while you are in market or at office. Availability of mouthwatering snacks makes it difficult to resist them when you are hungry. As mentioned above, in addition to the dietary modifications, exercises are equally important, especially the ones for abs. Moves like crunches, twist crunches, bicycle crunch, step hop, squats etc. are excellent to burn abdominal fat and tone the muscles. Set a time for exercise and start with simple workouts for short duration, you can slowly increase the time, frequency and intensity of the workout. This would allow the body to keep pace with the changes. Make sure that you give enough time to warm up and cooling down after each workout. Avoid lying down or sitting immediately after the meals. You may go for a light walk after lunch and dinner. Or if possible sit in Vajrasana for 15 – 20 minutes after the meals. Also make small lifestyle modifications like, eating food on time, avoiding activities like reading and watching TV while eating. Also, it is important to save the unnecessary visits to restaurant and supermarkets. Avoid heavy meals after sunset and reduce the total salt intake. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you the best of health. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to request for more information if need be. Meenakshi