What is the solution to treat itching and blackning of skin with pain after a plastic surgery?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi, In my right hand i did plastic surgery in January 2011 now that skin looks black & some time am getting pain. Pls give me solution for, i need to keep skin wet which ointment i can use it? also in thai am feeling more itching for that also i need ointment (thai only skin removed). Thanks
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. You might require treatment with a mild steroid cream Can I see a photograph of the affected area. This will help me in deciding the best management for you. Please upload a photograph. Waiting for your response. Thank you

Follow-up: What is the solution to treat itching and blackning of skin with pain after a plastic surgery? 1 hour later
Hi Thanks for your Answer How to attach photographs in XXXXXXX could u pls guide me

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX. Sorry I could not find the attachement. You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. You can also send the reports/ image to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as 'ATTN: Dr. Rahul Kumar'." Thanks for the photographs. Actually you have developed keloids in the affected area. The treatment for this is intra lesional steroid injections. Also apply Silicon gel sheet on the area and keep it tied there for at least 8 hours daily.You need to do this daily for at least 6 months. Silicon gel sheets are available in market. On the thigh area you can apply oint fluticasone twice daily. This will give you relief. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: What is the solution to treat itching and blackning of skin with pain after a plastic surgery? 23 minutes later
hi Thanks XXXXXXX i have questions Keloids means? So i can do 'intra lesional steroid injections' or 'Silicon gel sheet on the area and keep it tied there for at least 8 hours daily' correct? steroid injection treatments means how much days i need to do? is this treatment available in all hospitals? could you please explain about this treatment? Silicon gel sheets, is this available in all general medical shops? thanks

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello Keloid means an over growth of skin tissue. You can see your skin surface is very uneven like blebs and dark. The raised areas are called as keloid. Intra lesional injections can be given by a dermatologist. It is given once a month. In this fine needle is used to inject a steroid solution in the skin. This softens the skin. Yes silicon gel sheets are available in big medical shops. Feel free to ask any other doubts. Thank you