What is the role of Cowper Glands during ejaculation?

Hi I have a question regarding the Cowper Glands or bulbourethral glands. I was wondering how much arousal is necessary to cause it to liquidate. Now I am asking this question due to a religious dilemma i have in that I am not allowed to emit such fluid. I was wondering how much sexual arousal will cause this. Like do I at least have to have a partial erection etc. Thanks
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 2 days later
Brief Answer: Cowper's glands secrete only during ejaculation. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing WWW.WWWW.WW Cowper's glands(Bulbo urethral glands) secrete their fluids only during ejaculation, that means even if you have a full erection and sexually aroused until you get an orgasm these glands will not secrete any fluid. But the important thing to remember is, each individual is different and some people get over excited during which time some of the prostatic secretions can leak, and we will not be able to tell exactly if it is purely from prostate or from bulbo-urethral glands. To be XXXXXXX with you, you will not be in control of these secretions consciously, these mechanisms are mediated by hormones so you have no mental control over that. Erection has nothing to do with the secretion of these fluids, however nearing orgasm will certainly cause these glands to secrete. Hope this answers your query. Wishing you good health. Regards.
Follow-up: What is the role of Cowper Glands during ejaculation? 10 hours later
Right but in order for there to be liquidation of these glands, I would need to at least have considerable engorgement right (like a partial erection)?
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 13 hours later
Brief Answer: No Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing back. As I said earlier, partial erection is not sufficient to cause the glands to secrete their fluids, you need to get an orgasm, and that happens if you have full erection and have been stimulated continuously till you get an orgasm. This is what happens normally with all people. But there can be rare exceptions. Partial erection is not sufficient enough to cause these glands to secrete. Hope you get what I am trying to say. Wishing you good health. Regards