What is the risk if a person has taken ten tablets of Nexito? Has leg pain and insomnia

Nephrologist
Question
what is risk, if a person taken 10 tablets of NEXITO PLUS 50 mg, she is in icu
she is regularly taking this 2 tabs, as she has severe pain in legs and insomnia as well as supposed to under anxiety, tension and depression
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Drug Abuse
Follow-up: What is the risk if a person has taken ten tablets of Nexito? Has leg pain and insomnia 19 minutes later
sir/madam, i need urgent answer, other wise the patient is in medical supervision and there is NO ANY USE OF BELATED SUGGESTIONS, PLZ URGENT OR REFUND

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 22 minutes later
Hello

Thanks for the query

I must add that this forum is not for emergencies. Nexito contains escitalopram which is a relatively safe drug in over dosages and leads to only minor issues like confusion, agitation and tachycardia. I am happy she is in the icu and is under good medical supervision. However in prescription drug over dosages one must make sure other more toxic drugs like iron tablets, acetaminophen are not taken along with these.

I hope I have answered your query. Please do ask further queries if you have any

I wish her a speedy recovery

Follow-up: What is the risk if a person has taken ten tablets of Nexito? Has leg pain and insomnia 27 hours later
is there any long term side effect? also, she is feeling very weak and could not even sit by self and is feeling drowsiness? but, doctor is suggesting to relieve and recover at home.
is the weakness and inability of movement and sitting is its effect?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 6 hours later
Hello

There will be no long term complications due this over dosage. The drowsiness will recover by 48 hours if it doesn't then it's a cause for concern and she will have to re visit the hospital.
Please make sure she receives treatment from a good psychiatrist to prevent future recurrences of such behavioural tendencies.

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if you have no further ones

I wish you good health

Follow-up: What is the risk if a person has taken ten tablets of Nexito? Has leg pain and insomnia 2 hours later
what about the weakness and inability to movement?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 6 minutes later
Hello

The weakness and the inability to move mostly secondary to the overdosage. It should get better in time. In my experience all of them have improved without issues. However I would like to add here that I have not examined her nor have I gone through the blood reports. It is best that you follow the advice of your primary doctor. People who have overdosed on nexito almost always do well.

I wish her a speedy recovery

Thank you

Follow-up: What is the risk if a person has taken ten tablets of Nexito? Has leg pain and insomnia 3 hours later
THANX SIR

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 4 hours later

Welcome