What is the right dosage of Monurol for a urinary tract infection treatment?

Hello, My doctor have me Monurol for a urinary tract infection with ecoli bacteria. He gave me a prescription and told me to take one packet per day for three days. I read the packet tonight and it indicated that one should only take one dose since it is considered a fulll treatment course. Im a bit concerned about taking three in a row......
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....given below Detailed answer... hello, Thanks for the query. MONUROL ( FOSFOMYCIN ) is generally given as single dose therapy but sometimes more than a single dose is prescribed,as your doctor has prescribed it. Your doctor must be having valid reasons for such a prescription. However if you are in doubt ,you may talk to your doctor and reconfirm it. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. best of luck Thanks