Ask a Dentist   »  

What is the remedy to get rid of pain in gums,teeth,jaw,under eye and ears after teeth extraction?

Hello. I had all my wisdom teeth surgically removed last week Monday. I still have pain in my gums, teeth and jaw. Struggle to sleep do to the pain, feel nausios constantly. Stopped the pain medication as it was making my stomach hurt. Flush with salt and hot water continuously, still cant eat normal food. Phoned surgeon on Sat due to pain and he informed me that it is normal and prescribed more pain killers. Hurt under my eyes in in my ears as well.
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take medicines & do warm saline rinses. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing in. I would like to tell you that wisdom teeth extraction is complicated surgical procedure & painful also. You should have got single tooth extracted at one time. In such painful situation, I would start you on the following medication:- 1. diclomol 50 mg+ paracetamol 500 mg + serratiopeptidase 15 mg- thrice a day 2. Cefixime 200 mg twice a day 3. rabeprazole 20 mg once daily empty stomach 4. multivitamin once daily These are prescription based medications. You may ask your treating doctor for a prescription. If that isn't feasible, you can continue pain medicines (after food) prescribed by your doctor. You can add prilosec (which is equivalent of rabeprazole) once day before food. Also do warm saline rinses thrice a day. I expect you to feel better in the next 5 days. Consult your surgeon for re-examination if you are in pain despite medications after 5 days. Hope I answered your query Wishing you good health Regards Dr. Neha Sumra