What is the remedy for wet cough?

General Surgeon
Cough n Cold - Winter effect Sickness is gone, but wet cough is in chest. Cough color is light green Could you please suggest a way out to take out wet cough from chest.
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Mucolytic Expectorant Syrup will be helpful Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr XXXX I would suggest you the following which will definitely help you relieve the congestion and soften the sputum 1. Steam Inhalation: 15-20minutes each session thrice a day will be beneficial 2. Ensure good intake of water: 2 - 3 liter a day, it will ensure the secretion of the body including mucous to be soft 3. Nebulization: Nebulization with Normal Saline+ N Acetyl Cysteine will be very much beneficial in softening the secretion 4. Expectorant and Mucolytic Cough syrup like Ascoril Expectorant 7 ml thrice a day will be helpful. 5. Decoction: To a glass of milk add + 2 black pepper+1 teaspoon turmeric+10 Tulsi leaves+2 gm Fresh ginger+ 1 spoon sugar, bring it to boil. Filter the mixture and consume it hot( same way as you consume freshly brewed hot coffee). drink it thrice Except Nebulization, rest of the things can be followed at home. But N Acetyl cysteine Nebulization is very much effective. I hope it helped. In case you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you Take Care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS,MS,MCH Consultant Surgeon
Follow-up: What is the remedy for wet cough? 18 hours later
Thanks I would go with Ascoril Expectorant cough syrup Thanks for your help XXXX
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take care Detailed Answer: Hi Take care In case you need any further assistance, kindly get back to me , will be glad to assist you. Take care Best regards Dr Deepak