What is the remedy for raw area at the top of penis after vigorous sex?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I am circumcised and I have a raw area at the top of my shaft and into the head of the penis. Raw, tender, different color, and it has been this way for a month or so. I have tried normal household creams but there does not appear to be any improvement. The skin feels thin and tender. I am not sure if this is just from vigorous sex (likely) but doubt it is any STD as I am monogamous. It is aggravated by continued sexual activity. Is there a remedy or a cure, or any recommendations?
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: This is due to infection of the glans (Ballanitis) Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have raw area over glans of your penis since one month which is not healing . Most likely this could be due to infection of the glans penis following dry ,vigorous sex. You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefexine along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily.along with topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin twice daily. Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily and apply topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin. Ensure to have protected and safe sex. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.