Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the remedy for quickening the healing of a penile bruise?

Infertility Specialist
Question
any tips for quickening the healing of a penile bruise? a doctor on here said to take vitamin c orally? anything else that will help?
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: Hi There are no medicines to make wounds or bruise heal faster. Vitamin C will help in healing to a certain extent. You can take it. Other than that please keep penis dry after washing with clean water twice a day. Dont have intercourse atleast for a week. I hope I answered your query. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: What is the remedy for quickening the healing of a penile bruise? 32 hours later
I am using clotramizole cream to treat a fungal infection. Will this prevent the bruise from healing? Also, does a small bruise like this put me at risk for Peyronie's disease? Lastly, is there nothing I can do to promote healing? This occurred a few days ago and I've seen no improvement. is arnica gel safe for use on the penis? I've read in many places that it helps to relieve bruising. Also, would ice or a warm compress help? disregard the arnica question seems like it has a list of side effects I may get a vitamin E supplement as I have read that it can also help

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later
Brief Answer: no Detailed Answer: Hi These products are of little help and marketed without benefits especially penis. Hence please follow above advice instead of these attempts. Regards

Follow-up: What is the remedy for quickening the healing of a penile bruise? 11 hours later
Can a small bruise of this nature cause any further complications? Am I at any risk by not having it evaluated? Is it a bruise or broken blood vessel?

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 8 hours later
Brief Answer: capillaries Detailed Answer: Hi Its a bruise. Bruise due to injury to capillaries which are very tiny blood vessels. Its not major. Just give rest. Regards