What is the remedy for polymyalgia?
User rating for this question
I have extremely sore joints that have got worse over the last few weeks...I suspect I have polymyalgia as my mother had that....What remedies are available Today I have been headachy and have no energy at all....Have had trouble getting out of bed in the mornings and out of a chair when sitting over the last week...
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of polyarthritis can be suspected. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. Polymyalgia is a diagnosis by exclusion and mainly diagnosed by clinical examination. Another possibility of polyarthritis can be suspected. When such patients come to our hospital I advise them blood test like RA factor, ACCP, ESR, complete blood count. So that diagnosis can be confirmed. Polymyalgia can not be totally cured, you can only minimise symptoms by taking various medications. I advise my patient’s amitryptiline and duloxetin or Lyrica (pregabalin) you can take consulting your treating doctor. Exercises and stretches plays important role in maintaining symptoms of Polymyalgia Physiotherapy like ultrasound and tens will help, along with knee exercises. A holistic approach is required, which includes exercises, meditation, SKY [sudarshan XXXXXXX yoga] and acupuncture along with healthy diet and herbs. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
People also viewed
- Used menstral pads sniffing
- Homeopathic remedies for polymyalgia rheumatica
- Why do i have pins and needles in my hands when im hungover
- Vyvanse involuntary hand twitches
- Imbalance instability have polymyalgia rheumatica what can be done
- What is the remedy for polymyalgia
- What are the tablets for meniscus problem
- What causes intense itching when suffering from polymyalgia rheumatica
- Stiff neck and menopause
- Hand shivering while writing medical term
- Metallic taste in my mouth and pins and needles in my hands
- Shoulder pain when menstruating
- Pulsating vein right hand side of neck
- Torn meniscus symptomshome remedies
- Polymyalgia cramps