What is the remedy for polymyalgia?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have extremely sore joints that have got worse over the last few weeks...I suspect I have polymyalgia as my mother had that....What remedies are available Today I have been headachy and have no energy at all....Have had trouble getting out of bed in the mornings and out of a chair when sitting over the last week...
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of polyarthritis can be suspected. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. Polymyalgia is a diagnosis by exclusion and mainly diagnosed by clinical examination. Another possibility of polyarthritis can be suspected. When such patients come to our hospital I advise them blood test like RA factor, ACCP, ESR, complete blood count. So that diagnosis can be confirmed. Polymyalgia can not be totally cured, you can only minimise symptoms by taking various medications. I advise my patient’s amitryptiline and duloxetin or Lyrica (pregabalin) you can take consulting your treating doctor. Exercises and stretches plays important role in maintaining symptoms of Polymyalgia Physiotherapy like ultrasound and tens will help, along with knee exercises. A holistic approach is required, which includes exercises, meditation, SKY [sudarshan XXXXXXX yoga] and acupuncture along with healthy diet and herbs. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.