What is the remedy for painful spasms in rib cage, legs and feet?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My name is XXXXXXX You ask for the query but I see no questions to answer. I have severe charley horses in my body , rib cage and back, legs and feet and just toes sometimes. The ones in my ribs and back are the worse. They can comeon by just a slight twist in my body. They last a short time if I bear down but if I bear down too hard I will get another one somewhere else at the same time. This is getting debilitating for me and the pain is awful. I have tyroid disease, diabetes, overweight, high blood pressure, very low vitamin D, sleep apnea, Afib heart rates. I also have terrible itching on my hands and feet. Am losing some of my toe nails. HELP my email address is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: I will advise you to do MRI spine Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. Due to compression of this nerve root in spine there is tingling numbness in your leg and pain associated with it. I will advise you to do MRI spine For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. Take vitamin D injection for early recovery. Till time, avoid lifting weights, Sit with support to back. You can consult physiotherapist for help. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief. I will advise to check your vit B12. As you are losing toe nails this is probably due to diabetic foot disease due to occlusion of vessels. I will advise to do perfusion foot scan. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.