What is the remedy for night sweats?

Hello, I have 2.5 WBC down from high of 4.9 last year,I have night sweats past 6weeks and those odd bruises old people get right under the skin that are red-purple (at the slightest pressure like my purse over my arm);my faher died of leukemia(chronic for 5 years then acute & he died quickly,that was 1971 and he had Tx not done anymore like cobalt Txs;what do you think?
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....needs proper investigations Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern and feel that you should be properly investigated. Although easy bruising is very common in old age because of thinned skin and capillaries and also these bruises can occur because of certain medications like pain killers,aspirin,anti coagulants,use of certain herbal preparations,garlic etc but considering the fact that you are having night sweats,your WBC are down and there is a history of leukemia in your father,you need to be investigated for leukemia,lymphomas,tuberculosis etc as these are the most common conditions causing the similar symptoms like yours. Consult your doctor and get investigated thoroughly. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks