What is the remedy for night sweats in old lady?

What to do for night sweats for 73 year old woman
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 34 minutes later

Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX

After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to be suffering from GERD (Gastro esophgeal reflux disease, Bronchial asthma & systemic hypertension).

2. Your asthmatic symptoms also require the control of your reflux disease since reflux disease is known to be a trigger of asthma symptoms.

3. As for your night sweats, there is a possibility of it being related to simvastatin. Please consult your physician regarding this.Dose modification or change of medication may be done if it is the cause.

4. Also other causes include infections like tuberculosis. But in absence of other symptoms these are unlikely causes.

5. Do continue your asthma medications.

6. Please do get annual flu shots and 5 yearly pneumocoocal vaccine shots. Consult your doctor for this.This is essential to prevent severe respiratory infection which can be XXXXXXX if they infect.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra