What is the remedy for hand pain after lifting a bike?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi Doc, Hope you doing good. :) Yesterday evening I was taking out my bike from home, while taking out slight i lifted bike there suddenly my right hand twisted. Started pain after few hours I applied ointment "MOOV". Now I could able to rotate hand but pain is still there when I use to rotate. and I could see that my hand is in normal state.
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: At least 3-4 days for the pain to subside. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I just saw your picture and reviewed your case, it is suggesting if you are able to rotate your limb without much pain then a bone injury is unlikely. You need to give rest and ice the affected area . Most of the times it is a soft tissue injury but it takes at least 3-4 days for the pain to subside. I hope this was helpful to you. If it was, please remember to ACCEPT the answer so I can get compensated for my work. if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. I am truly privileged to help you, and I want to make sure that you are satisfied with your answer. Take care
Follow-up: What is the remedy for hand pain after lifting a bike? 13 minutes later
Thanks XXXXXXX XXXXXXX I am accepting the resolution given :) . I am able to rotate limb mild pain is there when I stretch it. I hope it will resolve the pain in 3-4days. I am taking also "Brufen Tablets". Do you suggest to take X-RAY? Regards, XXXXXXX Devatagal
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Brief Answer: If it continues to hurt,then go for an x-ray. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX If it continues to hurt even after few days, then go for an x-ray to rule out any bony injury. Hope the things go well.