What is the remedy for hair fall and dandruff?

Hi Doctor..
i am 26 yrs old and infected by hair fall and thinning problem(dandruff).. i have been suggested to use Tab keraglo forte, Tab folvite, folica hair tincture, Mintop 2% foam, kenz lotion ADV... please let me know if any of these medicines are useful or they have any side-effects also
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Hair Loss
Follow-up: What is the remedy for hair fall and dandruff? 5 minutes later
please give me some information about Scalp hair mesotheorapy is it safe or does it have any side effects. is it that much useful.. as per the cost??
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 52 minutes later

All the medicines that you have been prescribed do help in reducing the hair fall.

Keraglo forte and folica hair tincture are herbal preparations and folvite is a dietary supplement which helps in hair growth. Kenz lotion will control the dandruff and Mintop foam increases the blood supply of the scalp thus helping in fresh and healthy hair growth.

All these drugs are well tolerated with good results.

You can follow some simple measures to help your hairs grow better in addition to the treatment you are already having:

1. Take a high protein diet. You can also apply raw egg on your hairs one hour before washing them for good lusture and to cover the damaged parts.
2. Take iron and zinc supplements.
3. Avoid exposure to direct sun for long durations.
4. Keep your hairs covered outdoors to avoid damage from dust , etc.
5. Take vitamin supliments.
6. Stay away from stress and anxiety.
7. Scalp massage- A vigorous rubbing of the scalp with fingers is one of the most effective method for the prevention and treatment of hair loss. The scalp should be rubbed vigorously till it starts to tingle with the heat. It will activate the sebaceous glands and energise the circulation of blood in the affected area, making the hair grow healthy.

Mesotherapy is a a safe, simple, and cost-effective option to treat hair falll due to nutritional disorders.

MesoHair restoration therapy can in some cases eliminate the need for hair transplant.

The side effects are negligible as the dietary supplements are injected. It is less useful in genetically related hair loss.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful.

Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Thanks and regards.