What is the remedy for difficulty in bowel movements?

Hi, I am having this problem that due to my work timings, I am unable to relieve myself in the morning. As a result, the stools become stiff and in the evenings, even though I have pressure, my stool get stuck at the mouth of the Anus and do not get discharged from my system. It is giving me a feeling of heaviness. What seems to be wrong with me and what can be done to relieve my situation?
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello and thank you for submitting your question. It would be very, very ideal for you to have your bowel movements when you feel the urge. As you are experiencing, when you hold your bowel movement in it is very uncomfortable and difficult to pass later. It might help to take a dose of mineral oil midway through the day; also, make sure to stay well-hydrated during the day. You might also try to adjust your eating schedule to time your bowel movements around your schedule. Additionally, eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, as this will keep the bowel movements looser. Physical activity is certainly something that can facilitate bowel movements, so be sure to incorporate this into your lifestyle. Thanks again for submitting your question, I hope you can find some relief from this discomfort. Take care, Dr G