What is the remedy for chronic sinusitis and will taking chinese herbs help cure it?

Hi, I am constantly getting sinusitis. One side of my face gets swollen, the cheek area and just under my eye. It makes me feel really unwell with body aches, difficult to breathe through nose, a bit dizzy and can affect my vision. My eye also gets gritty and itchy. The pain goes up the side of my temple. I have acupuncture regularly, which is definitely helping, but then I have these setbacks. I use a neti-pot twice a day, massage my face, drink XXXXXXX cider vinegar. Would Chinese herbs for chronic sinusitis help? I spent 2 years on antibiotics and I don't want to go down that track if possible. Thanks for your help.
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Chronic Allergic Sinusitis Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. The condition which you have tried to describe is exactly allergic sinusitis. Its a definitely troublesome condition and involves lot of distress. Especially it lasts for long and almost a every day trouble. You have mentioned lot many natural remedies such as "neti-pot twice a day, massage my face, drink XXXXXXX cider vinegar". Also you have mentioned that you have already tried yourself on various antibiotics which have probably not helped you much. One therapy which you have not mentioned which I dont think you have tried is use of steroids. There are plenty of steroid nasal sprays (fluticasone, baclomethasone) and oral steroids as well which will help in reducing the inflammation. They have to be administered daily and help in cure as well as prevention of further episodes. Many of my patients have benefited from it and its very safe except that ones you start the same has to be tapered off very slowly. Chinese medicines have helped some but not many. It advisable to try steroids before moving to Chinese medications. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.