What is the remedy for back ache after regular gymming?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
age - 17 height 171 cm sex - male weight 55 kg i used to gym regularly with a weight enought to complete 3 sets of 10 reps. after 3-4 months now , i face a back ache now around the midde region of back even if i lift very low weight. (spinal chord) if i bend for a while say 20-25 seconds and then i get back to normal, my back again hurts for a while. i dont know what to do about it. please suggest.
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: I would suggest the following- Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. It appears you may have strained the muscles of your back. I would suggest the following- * Give adequate rest to the involved muscle group and avoid any movement that causes pain * Ice packing once in every 2 hours over the affected area * Moist heat application to relax the muscles * Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day. * Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation. * Do not lift weight or try to do exercise that involve painful muscles. Give proper time to heal. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care