What is the remedy for acid reflex and chest pain caused due to consuming zoloft without water?

My husband to zoloft without water and now had bad acid reflux and chest pain. How can I help him.
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Hello, Few things that can help him are. Make him sip cold water at intervals, avoid getting stomach bloated Make him sit up right to avoid reflux. Drinking butter milk can provide relief from symptoms. Take oral antacids. Avoid bending down Avoid alcohol, carbonated drinks, coffee, or tea and smoking. Try chewing gum which causes salivation which in turn reduces acid. Promotility drugs like reglan can help prevent reflux. Hope this helps. Regards