Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the reason for white liquid on the penis after urination?

I see a white liquid on my penis after i urinating , when i was in my country i didn't see such stuff in when i was in my country but i jst flyed to another country and when i wanna pee it comes out in 2 places and little pain and after urinating after 30mins i see white liquid on my penis head
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sheetal 48 minutes later

Are you active sexually? - White discharge from the penis with pain indicates the presence of some infection, possibly a sexually transmitted infection such as urethritis.

Urethritis is commonly caused by bacteria such as Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae.

If the discharge is thick, curdy white, it may be due to infection caused by a fungus called Candida.

If the discharge is copious and foul-smelling, it could be infection caused by a parasite called Trichomonas vaginalis.

You need to get a microbiological examination of the discharge to establish the cause of infection.

You may need a prescription of a suitable antibiotic to treat the infection. The choice of antibiotic would be determined by the results of the microbiological examination.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.

Follow-up: What is the reason for white liquid on the penis after urination? 3 hours later
I c, Actually when i arrived Ghana i heard to use detol which is anti-biotic for water treatment so i mistakenly touched my testis with it.. it actually hurt me for about 10mins then later that day i went to urinate and my penis mouth was paining but not so much... the next day which is today i now observed the white liquid so now i checked online reading different opinion and I am sexually active but i dont have sex without using a Condom .

Answered by Dr. Sheetal 2 hours later

Dettol may cause irritation and burning if used on sensitive areas of your body. It may be the cause of the pain that you are experiencing. But, in my opinion, it is unlikely to cause penile discharge.

If the discharge persists, I would advise you to get it examined in a laboratory to rule out the presence of infection.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: What is the reason for white liquid on the penis after urination? 21 hours later
could this be std i am on antibiotics tabs now..just woundering
Answered by Dr. Sheetal 1 hour later

Yes your symptoms do suggest that you may be suffering from a sexually transmitted disease such as urethritis. Antibiotics will not help if the cause is fungal. Also specific antibiotics at particular doses are needed to treat std caused by bacteria.

Wish you good health.