Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the reason for vomitting, light green urine and fatigue after menopause?

light XXXXXXX urine with vomit smell and taste of metallic and vomiting I am a 52 yr old female menopausal for months now I have had reoccurring bouts of light XXXXXXX urine the color of neon XXXXXXX or lime XXXXXXX that smells like horrible vomit. Headaches off and on, a metallic taste in my mouth, and bouts of nausea which at times results in vomiting. Lightheadness and feelings as if I am about to faint and extreme bouts of feeling so tired I can not walk. Any idea what is going on? Thank you so much in advance.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later

A light XXXXXXX urine is most likely caused by a bacterial infection or due to the effect of artificial color in food or drug, and medications including amitriptyline, indomethacin, and doxorubicin. Frequent dehydration can also cause altered color and smell of the urine. There are few more possible causes for bad smelling urine, and have to be ruled out.

A simple test on the urine can quickly identify / rule out these conditions.
1. Infection is the commonest cause. Your other symptoms of altered taste, weakness and vomiting might be associated with this infection.
2. There are also conditions that affect the salts and other chemicals produced by the body, which when appearing in urine might make it offensive.
3. Few people develop this problem without an obvious cause
4. In a few instances this problem can sometimes be associated with the use of certain vitamin and supplements or from imbalances in your diet.

I suggest the following measures:
a. The first step is to get a couple of urine samples analysed. Infections and chemical disturbances can be picked up easily by the urine test.
b. I'll just ask you to consider something else – diet, drugs and supplements. - If you are taking anything of that type, try stopping it and see if the problem goes away.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.