What is the reason for throbbing vein on head without headache?

throbbing vein on left side of head, no headache, but annoying.
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: ?muscle spasm Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this annoying vein. It would be difficult for you to have such pains from a muscle. My greatest suspicion is that it is probably one of the muscles of the neck that is having some painful contractions/spasms. The best course of management would be having some sort of physical therapy like massage. Rest and pain medications(ibuprofen/tylenol) alongside antispasmodics like belladonna alkaloid. Also, ice packs applied to this area can also relief the pains. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well and please feel free to ask for more clarifications if need be. Thanks for using our services. Dr. Ditah, MD