What is the reason for red dry patches on limbs and trunk region?

Hi I have developed red dry scaly patches all over my limbs and a few over my trunk region. They are not itchy yet feel lumpy. I follow a strict Paleo diet , yet I am intolerant to high oxalate foods such as carrots, spinach, XXXXXXX ,berries, beets and nuts, these are the worst triggers for me. I have recently introduced sardines to my diet. Chicken is the main meat/ protein source that i have. I am very concerned as not only do they look unsightly Im worried that its an internal problem. I dont consume alcohol , nor do I smoke. I am a personal trainer and this is effecting my work as I dont want to show off my body. I have had these for about 3-4 weeks and does not seem to be getting any better. The supplements I am currently taking are organic MSM powder , and Beef gelatin protein powder. I have not come into contact with anything, and NEVER EVER had skin issues before apart from the odd hormonal pimple. Please help
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: First diagnosis is Tinea corporis Detailed Answer: Hi Dear Welcome to the XXXXXXX On going through the pictures you attached and the history I can make out that you have developed extensive fungal infection of the body (Tinea Corporis). This is my first diagnosis . Diagnosis; Diagnosis can be confirmed by scrapping of the lesion to be examined by pathologist under KOH solution. Treatment; Oral antifungal medicines like Fluconazole once a week for a month or so. Local application of antifungal cream like miconazole/clotrimazole to be applied three times a day on whole body for about two weeks. If the lesions are itchy one can add some mild steroidal cream like beclamethasone along with the antifungal cream. Keep your linen clothing, towels etc separate. They should be washed daily,expose to sun properly and should be ironed properly so that the remaining hyphae of fungal are killed. Never use wet and damp cloths Basic hygiene to be strictly maintained. Other probable diagnosis could be psoriasis, but lesions are not so itchy so I am keeping it in back. Hope the query is answered. Please feel free for the further clarification. Thanks