What is the reason for lump above my left testicle?

The spot above my left testical I think where I had vasectomy years ago is very sore to the touch and has developed a lump about the size of a pea I painfully sat on my left test about a month ago thought maybe that could have inflamed the area
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 11 hours later

The sore lump is unlikely to have anything to do with your vasectomy surgery.

Most likely, the lump is an inflammation of your rete testis and it may be because of the trauma you suffered.

Do you have any symptoms noticed while passing urine?

I suggest you to use scrotal support; start on anti-inflammatory medications (Ibuprofen 400mg twice daily half an hour after food). If the symptoms do not improve, you may need ultrasound scan of the scrotum. You can get it done under guidance of physician / urologist.

I wish to follow up with the ultrasound scan if the pain isn't better with medications.

Hope I have answered your query adequately. Feel free to put forward your queries if you have any clarifications on my answer.