What is the reason for headache with dizziness and neck pain?

Nov 2013

Dear Doctor, Greetings. I hope this email reaches you well. I would like to seek your advice regarding my current situation. I am having a severe headache for almost a week now that often makes me feel dizzy and lazy. This headache starts from top of my head to forehead and sides of my temple. Today i have a pain in my XXXXXXX as well. I have been to many countries for the past two months and often couldn’t sleep or even rest. I believe I am having a sleeping disorder, however; I am worrying by this continuous severe headache. I had consulted with a doctor as well but all the examinations done were normal. Please find attached results for your guidance. I also checked my ENT & Eyes 6 month ago it was ok. Meanwhile, I would like to re-consult and ask for a second opinion as I am still having this problem. Looking forward to your response and advise for any other examination I should try. Many thanks in advance. Best regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. I have noted your symptoms and have also looked at all your reports. I would like to reassure you that all your reports are normal, except for high cholesterol. For this, regular exercises and diet control (low fat diet) would be required. In addition, medications such as rosuvastatin and fenofibrate would be helpful. Regarding your headache, dizziness and neck pain, the most likely cause could be migraine, which has got aggravated due to sleep disturbances. For now, you can take diclofenac tablets for relief of pain and betahistine tablet for relief of dizziness. If symptoms persist, you can get MRI brain done to rule out ischemia (lack of blood flow to brain). I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: