What is the reason for constant twitching and numbness in my upper lip ?

my upper lip has been consistently twitching for 45 minutes now it feels numb and is drouping some and i have to keep clearing my throat
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 3 hours later

Lip twitching is a very disturbing symptom and can be due to various reasons as Stress, Anxiety, Withdrawl from any drug you are taking now, Alcohol. Sometimes the symptoms subside by themselves after few hours.

Meanwhile follow these things :
1)Apply a warm wet cloth to the surface where twitching is present.
2)Avoid caffeine,alcohol and smoking.
3)Reduce stress and anxiety.
4)Have more of banana,water melon and other fruits in diet. XXXXXXX in electrolytes.

If the symptoms persist even after few hours and drooping is present then it is prudent to get examined by a doctor to confirm the benignity.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up if any.