What is the reason for blockage feeling in throat?

ENT Specialist
I have had a blockage feeling in my throat for about 2 days
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Try antacids... Detailed Answer: Hi Mam, If you are feeling blockage in throat only two days, then try antacids like prilosec OTC before food for couple of days. I would urge you to visit a doctor if antacid is unable to clear the problem. You might need to undergo 1. X ray Barium swallow oesophagus. 2. Swallowing electromyogaphy. 3. GI Endoscopy. Feel free to write back for clarifications. Regards
Follow-up: What is the reason for blockage feeling in throat? 13 minutes later
What kind of doctor do you suggest?? Gastrologist, because I currently take Nexium for reflux..
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes the gastroenterologist would help you Detailed Answer: Hi, The tests are best done under the governance of gastroenterologist. Report back to him/her and discuss about it. He/she can write you a prescription for testing. Wish you good health. Regards