What is the quick remedy for lack of sleep?

I'm female and 23 years old. Have a partner in NZ. Can't sleep during despite being really tired after studying and going to gym. No obvious stress in my life. Also cannot eat as usual. After a really small meal I feel full and then feel nauseas. I recently flew from New Zealand to UK but have never had jet lag symptoms like these before so I don't think that's the problem. Especially since I can't sleep at all day or night. Is there any good answer ? Should I rush to take a pregnancy test or are there other explanations? I'm really worried that the sleep issue will affect my exams starting next week so would like a quick problem solver to my lack of sleep. Thank you
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that all your symptoms dont fit into a disease that can be labelled . But still I will recommend regular blood tests including Liver function tests since you give a history of nausea . Secondly yes I do agree that you should undergo pregnancy test because that can also lead to such vague symptoms . Try to maintain sleep hygeine for improvement in sleep . Avoid spicy food and caffeine for some time as they may lead to acidity and thus nausea after food . At this point of time no medicine will be recommended because there is no diagnosis . Take care. Dr. Shruti