What is the permanent cure for pain in wrist and finger joints after recovering from chikungunya?
User rating for this question
I am 28 years old female. Had a bout of chikungunya about 3 months back. Now I have severe pain on my right wrist and finger joints. also on the right foot tendons. whats the best medication to get relieved of this pain permanently?
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Unfortunately there is no one time or absolute medication for this. NSAID analgesic are likely to be more appropriate to be used. Use of compression ,rest , ice application and restricting heavy physical activity can help early recovery. And if need physiotherapy can be undertaken. Avoid cold environment. Hope this helps. Please ask if there are doubts. Regards
Follow-up: What is the permanent cure for pain in wrist and finger joints after recovering from chikungunya? 5 minutes later
Thanks Doc. However, I am getting this pain regularly and its incapacitating and unbearable. Can I take Emanzen D to reduce the inflammation? if so how long should I take? Or do you have any alternate medication to recommend? Look forward to hearing from you. regards,
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thanks for follow up Detailed Answer: Your current medication is pretty good. In addition you can start local analgesic spray or ointment. If all active symptoms except joint pain have resolved than after consultation with your doctor a short course of steroids may coconsidered. This can help reduce joint inflammation and provide relief from pain. So please get your doctor's opinion on this. Regards
People also viewed
- 99 fever 39 weeks pregnant
- Treatment and cure for wrist pain
- Coxa profunda hip
- Cortisone injection for wrist pain
- Torn rib muscle from coughing
- Cortisone injection for trigger thumb
- Pregnancy 38 weeks stomach pain
- 39 weeks pregnant bad headache and sweating
- Cortisone injection for scar tissue
- 39 weeks bubbles in belly
- What is the permanent cure for muscles and joint pain
- Can relafen cure wrist pain ?
- Can paracetamol cure pain, wrist ?
- 39 degrees baby over 1 year
- What is the cure for sore wrist after drawing blood