What is the pepper like thing in my urine?
User rating for this question
I have black specs that looks like pepper in my urine. This happens about every 4 days. It has been going on for several months. Today there was a large quantity. All the specs look the same size. What do you suspect?
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Kidney stones. Urinalysis and Ultrasound, Culture Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Blacks specs in the urine is usually due to Kidney disorders. It can be due to presence of stones, infection or inflammation in the urinary tract as ureter. These black specks could be small stones or more likely small blood clots (which can be caused by the microtrauma to the ureters from the stones). If there are other symptoms such as fever, back pain present along then possibility if infection is likely. Please do the following investigation 1. Urinalysis 2. Ultrasound abdomen and pelvis 3. Urine culture. These investigations will be helpful to rule out any stones, infection. Please consult a urologist with investigation reports. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
People also viewed
- What causes body hair to grow
- Causes of drop of body temperature
- What are the gel like on urine
- Fungal infection in toenail and miscarriage
- Causes of sudden drop in body temperature
- Urine that smells like pepper
- Can erythrasma cause body odor
- Urine smells like pepper what to do
- Steroids methylprednisolone toenail fungus
- What is the pepper like thing in my urine
- Left side pain and nissen fundoplication
- What causes body to feel tingly
- Opiate withdrawal funny smells
- Urine smells like black pepper
- Small and solitary intrmural fundal myoma