Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the pain in my lower back?

General Surgeon
Hi I'm pretty sure that I have a kidney infection. I've had pain in my lower back either side of my spine the past few days. It was initially on one side and has now moved to the other. I've increased my water intake and I've had some Ural which seems to abate the pain for a short time but it then returns. I've also felt quite fatigued and been sleeping longer than usual. Do you think that if I continue with my treatment, I might be able to resolve the infection. By the way, I'm usually a very healthy person and don't suffer from any particular illnesses.
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Appropriate laboratory investigations required Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Any clinical suspicion of Urinary infection either by the patient or the clinician has to be confirmed by appropriate laboratory investigations. The treatment will depend on the investigation and clinical profile. I would suggest you the following investigations 1. Urine Examination: Urine routine and microscopy examination. 2. Ultrasound of abdomen: Ultrasound of Kidney , Ureter and bladder. Do get back to me for any further assisstance. Take Care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS,MS,MCH Consultant Surgeon