What is the pain in my left breast?

Hi. I'm having pain under my left breast, it seems to be at the bone and is more to the left if the breast as opposed to right under it. Any thoughts? I notice the pain More so when I am laying down. I can also feel a psin up and down my Breast, more so to the side of my breast as well. It's not extremely painful, but I'm definitely aware it's there. Thanks.
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 20 days later
Brief Answer: Atypical pain for heart problems,breast exam.... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I read your query very carefully. You are having pain under your left breast and up and down your breast, which is more intense when you are lying down. The pain you are describing is atypical for heart problems and seems more related to breast or musculoskeletal problems. So I recommend doing a breast examination and a breast ECHO to exclude any breast problem. However I suggest running the following examinations, to exclude the cardiac origin of the pain: - Blood work - Chest X ray - ECG - Cardiac ECHO - Holter monitoring - Stress test Hope it was of help! Dr. Benard