What is the ideal weight for a 34 yr old man who is 186 cm ?

Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Your ideal weight is 86kg Detailed Answer: Hi friend, Thanks for your query. Though there are several methods/formulae of calculating ideal body weight, the commonest and universally accepted Index is called Body Mass Index (BMI), which is a measure based on an individual's weight and height. A BMI of 25 or less is considered as ideal weight. The formula is as follows :- BMI = Weight (in Kg) divided by square of height (in meters). OR, Ideal weight = 25 (Ideal BMI) x square of height (in meters). Thus, the ideal weight for 186cm height is 86kg. However, the ideal BMI may vary from country to country. Another commonly used table uses gender, age and height for calculation of ideal weight of an individual. Every country has its own reference tables, depending on the ethnic physique unique to a country. For example, the ideal weight of a 34 years old Indian male having a height of 186cm is 78kg. You may therefore, refer the reference table of ideal weight as per your country/ethnicity. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal