What is the ideal duration of consuming alcohol after rabies vaccination?

Dear doctor, i undergone rabies vacccin(rabipur) scheduled as 0,3,7,21, doctor is adviceing me to take booster dose on 90th 28th day dose was on 1/11/ this condition,iam having a party on 13/12/2013..should i take alcohol/beer?.,if not,what is the ideal duration of consuming alchol after rabies vaccination.?.
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Should be avoided Detailed Answer: Dear Friend, Thanx for writing to us. This is important for you to realize how serious certain combinations can be. In this case, no definitive clinical data are available about the safety of drinking alcohol post-rabies vaccination. Most doctors , however, would recommend against alcohol consumption for a few days after receiving a vaccine. By not drinking alcohol during this time, you limit any possible interactions between the alcohol and the vaccine, similar to the rationale when on medication. Other than this , alcohol affects our liver and effects our immune system , and rabies vaccine works on the principle that , the vaccine will trigger the immune system to produce antibodies , but suppose your immune system is in "Hangover" as a result of effect on liver due to alcohol , how will it produce antibodies to protect you? Abstaining from alcohol is also recommended so as not to mask any symptoms that may be the result of the vaccine itself. I have explained , rest is your choice. I hope ,i am able to solve your query , if you have any other query ask me , else close the discussion and rate it. Stay Healthy.
Follow-up: What is the ideal duration of consuming alcohol after rabies vaccination? 2 hours later
dear doctor, Then,what is the ideal duration of consuming alchol after rabies vaccination.?.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: No Definitive guidelines Detailed Answer: Dear Friend, As i told you there is no specific literature or definitive clinical data available, This answer may vary from doctor to doctor , as per their clinical experience about the disease. I advice my patients at least 2 months of complete abstinence after completing your vaccination. You may find people , who will say they continued even during the vaccination period and never had any problem and you may also find people describing the problem they faced. As far as my practice experience allows , you may resume after 2 months but always in moderated doses. If you don't have further query , you may please close the discussion and rate it. Stay Healthy