What is the generic medicine for cold and cough?

Hi I am 25 years old male suffering from cold and cough Kindly suggest me which tablet works well, Dolo 650 or New Dolo Cold . If not kindly suggest me a generic medicine for the same.
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: New dolo cold. Salt water gargle, steam inhalation Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through the query and understood your concern. if you are suffering from cold and cough then better is new dolo cold compared to Dolo 650 as this will help in better management of symptoms and prevention of cold and fever. Along with this you need to do salt water gargle and steam inhalation. These measures will help in faster recovery. If you are suffering from infection (usually presents with fever, thick mucoid sputum,throat pain) then you may require antibiotic treatment. Hope this information will help you. Feel free to ask if any related query, I will be glad to help you. Regards