What is the drug interaction between Reglan and seroquel?

Dr XXXXXXX Needs to know what is the drug interaction between Reglan and seroquel? Thank You
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Parkinsonism symptoms Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this possible cancer of the liver that you have reported. I do hope you are working with your doctors to get this addressed. Using Reglan(metoclopramide) together with Seroquel(quietiapine) is not recommended. Treatment with either of these medications alone can cause Parkinson-like symptoms and abnormal muscle movements, and combining them may increase that risk. The most serious of the movement disorders associated with the use of these medications is a condition known as tardive dyskinesia . This mostly involves muscles in the face, but may also involve those in the limbs. You cannot control these movements, and they may not go away even after stopping the medications. There is no treatment for tardive dyskinesia, but symptoms may lessen or disappear over time after stopping the medications. However, if you must take these medications together because of benefits outweighing the risk, let your doctor know promptly if you experience muscle spasm or movements that you can't stop or control, such as lip smacking, chewing, puckering, frowning or scowling, tongue thrusting, teeth clenching, jaw twitching, blinking, eye rolling, shaking or jerking of arms and legs, tremor, jitteriness, restlessness, pacing, and foot tapping. I hope this addresses your query fully. Feel free to ask for ant more clarifications or more information if need be. I wish you the best of health. Thank you so much for using our services. Dr. Ditah, MD.