What is the dimensions of the opening in the skull for implanting a small grid bilaterally over mesial structures?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013
Excellent

Neurologist
Question
WIth regards to a bilateral intracranial for the frontal lobe of the brain. How much of an opening would need to be made inorder to implant a small 2x6 grid bilaterally over mesial structures?
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. The opening in the skull would be approximately 14 mm in diameter (less than the size of a quarter) in order to do the implantation bilaterally over the mesial temporal structures. I hope my reply has helped you. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/

Follow-up: What is the dimensions of the opening in the skull for implanting a small grid bilaterally over mesial structures? 18 hours later
Based on the report how many opening would be required?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Based on the report, two openings on either side of skull would be required. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)