Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the difference between bladder leak after a cough/laugh and leak caused by uncontrollable urge?

Urologist
Question
Difference between. Bladder leak after a cough or laugh Or / and leak caused by an uncontrollable urge Can you see mr recent question regarding nĂºmero use bladder infection.? Cipro resistant Difference between back pain and soar kidney area
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Stress and urge incontinence--------------------- Detailed Answer: Welcome to the forum. The first one is called stress leak and is due to weakness of the pelvic floor muscles, common in women with history of multiple pregnancies. The second one is called overactive bladder and there is no known specific cause but treatable with medicines. Bladder infection is usually treatable with appropriate antibiotics based on the urine culture report, other than cipro, as it is resistant. Back pain is usually postural and fixed to the back but kidney pain radiates to the front usually. Hope this helps, truly

Follow-up: What is the difference between bladder leak after a cough/laugh and leak caused by uncontrollable urge? 1 hour later
Stress leak :what is the procedure to improve this.. My case .... yes multiple pregnancies 2 live births 5 miscarriages I am currently taking a low dose antibiotic. Daily Still have minimal pain with urinating but 60 days no bleeding. I am seeing a urologist today just want to be more prepared to ask questions and understand options Can you guide me ?

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Treatable----------------------------------------- Detailed Answer: Welcome back. I am pleased to guide you. Treatment options for stress leak are---- 1. Weight reduction. 2. Pelvic floor strengthening exercises. 3. Slings - operative procedure - minor though. Hope this helps, Truly,

Did u receive my last padre or was it lost It appears my entry was lost. Due toy connection My weight is 137 I am 5'5" and exercise daily I believe I am in good shape. Pelvic exercise like kegel ? Sling op is this an in office/ out patient? And what is actually performed ? Since most of my concerns have been due to my numerous uti with bleeding ( usually with in hours of the evidence of infection). I have done some reading ... Perhaps bladder not emptying completely or a bladder having a tucked over section ( I had hysterectomy when I was 27) this causing or resaulting in an infection Can You address?

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Pelvic floor weakness----------------------------- Detailed Answer: Welcome. Kegel's should help. Sling operation is usually done as an out-patient. If the residual urine is high, then your clinician should take into account this issue before the sling procedure. Hope i have cleared your doubts, truly,