What is the cure for sharp pain in my chest and stabbing pain in shoulder region?
User rating for this question
Hi Doctor, I have been experiencing sharp pains in my chest region. At the same time stabbing sharp pain in my left back shoulder blade area. Sometimes they tend to coincide with my heart beat. This has been happening for nearly ten years. Lately the pain has been very intense and regular. Before it would be every three to four months. Can you please help me.
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Need investigations Detailed Answer: Dear friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic Your symptoms do not suggest Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) – pain from the heart is oppressing, in central chest (and left), worse on effort, relieved by rest, may radiate to shoulders and arms, associated with sweating and so on. Still, it is better to have a Treadmill Exercise Electrocardiogram (TMT). If in doubt, further work up is done.. If it is normal, you may need endoscopy / CT chest and/or Spine to exclude food pipe, lung and spinal problems If all are normal, it could be Psychosomatic – mental tension leading to muscle spasm and pain / Psychiatric assessment and assistance can c be helpful in such cases Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless
People also viewed
- Side effects of g2
- Treatment and cure for Stabbing pain
- Stabbing pain by shoulder blade
- Is shortness of breath a side effect of mirtazapine?
- Side effects of vaccines
- Hep b side effects
- Is sweating a side effect of isosorbide mononitrate?
- Is shortness of breath a side effect of doxycycline?
- Severe stabbing pain in the shoulder
- Stabbing pain in shoulder and elbow
- Is shortness of breath a side effect of lamictal xr?
- Radical prostatectomy erectile dysfunction
- Is shortness of breath a side effect of cabergoline?
- Zinnat tablets 250 mg
- Sharp stabbing pain in shoulder