What is the cure for pimples on forehead?

Lately, i am having a lot of pimples on my forehead. They have started developing since march'2013 and havent stopped since.
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us. Dandruff can be associated with acne over forehead. Now to treat dandruff, instead of selsun please use medicines mentioned below 1) Ketoconazole based shampoo like scalpe or danclear or dandrop or nizoral etc. Apply the shampoo over wet scalp keep it for 15 minutes then wash off. Use it three days in a week. 2) Apply steroid antifungal lotion like candid b lotion over scalp every night. Once dandruff clears off completely, stop candid b lotion and just continue with antifungal shampoo once in a week. Selsun contains selenium sulphide an old generation antifungal. ketoconazole would offer better results, that is why I have asked you to replace it. Now to treat acne like yours, I usually prescribe Tablet doxycycline 100 mg two times in a day Apply clindamycin benzoyl peroxide combination gel like clinoxide or clindoxyl gel two times in a day, only over acne lesions. Use a mild face wash like cetaphil OS cleanser or Aha glow twice daily. Hopefully in fifteen days, the lesions should subside. Hope this helped. Should there be any other doubt please write back.