What is the cure for liquid type spots on the back of my throat?

ENT Specialist
I have a spot on the back of my throat on my left tonsil. Its with and yellow and has been there for a couple of months. It does not look like a tonsil stone nor does it hurt. But it does to appear to have some liquid type biold up g oing on in it.
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Seem s like a collection in tonsillar crypt Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. It seems like you have a collection in the tonsillar crypt which is a depression normally present in tonsil. There are multiple crypts in a normal tonsil but one is large and is more prone to collection. Usually debris collection takes place in it but most of the times it gets evacuated on its own. If it does not then such whitish, yellowish spots appear. These also come out own their own and are foul smelling. It is something harmless and only complaint usually is a worry on seeing these and foreign body sensation in throat. Use of antiseptic mouth washes helps and in spite of that if frequent, tonsillectomy is the permanent solution. But usually the frequency decreases with regular use of mouth wash. Feel free to ask another query. Regards