Ask a Urologist   »  

What is the cure for itching sensation in genitalia?

Jul 2016

8 years ago, I experienced extreme itching in my genitalia and around, 3 four week latter it automatically vanished but I found some white wart on my balls. These day I again feel same kind of itching in genitalia and around, and again I found 2 new white wart, one is on my thigh and one is on my genitalia .. I am feeling scared, please suggest……..
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 11 hours later
Brief Answer: It is due to Ringworm infection. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have itching and few warts on genital area which recurred after 8 years . This is most likely to be due to Ring worm infection what is called as (Jack Itch). Please take anti fungal medications like Fluconazole orally twice daily for week along with topical anti fungal ointment like Meconazole for local application over affected area. Ensure to wash the entire area with warm water before applying ointment. Wash your inner wares in hot water mixed with antiseptic solution like Dettol As regards warts ,most of the time they go away without any treatment ,else you may consult Dermatologist for Chemical or Electro cauterization. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.