What is the cure for headaches on left side of head after a water fast?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have been getting tiny headaches everyday for about a week or so on the left side of head above eyebrow. They are so annoying. I have had low iron and am sure my protein levels are very low. It seems like this may have started after my one day water fast. What can I do?
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: there is possibility of headache due to migraine Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your history there is possibility of headache due to migraine. Migraine usually involves half part of your head. Pain is severe and aggravated by triggering factors like fast, irritant smell, travelling. If you were my patient, I would clinically confirm diagnosis. After clinical examination, medications for migraine like sumatriptans can be started consulting your doctor. Lifestyle Modifications will help to reduce headache episodes - Proper nutrition - Regular physical activity - Adequate sleep - Stress reduction strategies - Identify and avoid triggers (e.g., fast, strong odours, or sprays). Another possibility of headache due to hypertension, but it is not unilateral. You can check your blood pressure consulting your doctor. For your low iron and protein levels you should start daily extra supplement in tablet or powder form. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.