What is the cure for headaches on left side of head after a water fast?
User rating for this question
I have been getting tiny headaches everyday for about a week or so on the left side of head above eyebrow. They are so annoying. I have had low iron and am sure my protein levels are very low. It seems like this may have started after my one day water fast. What can I do?
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: there is possibility of headache due to migraine Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your history there is possibility of headache due to migraine. Migraine usually involves half part of your head. Pain is severe and aggravated by triggering factors like fast, irritant smell, travelling. If you were my patient, I would clinically confirm diagnosis. After clinical examination, medications for migraine like sumatriptans can be started consulting your doctor. Lifestyle Modifications will help to reduce headache episodes - Proper nutrition - Regular physical activity - Adequate sleep - Stress reduction strategies - Identify and avoid triggers (e.g., fast, strong odours, or sprays). Another possibility of headache due to hypertension, but it is not unilateral. You can check your blood pressure consulting your doctor. For your low iron and protein levels you should start daily extra supplement in tablet or powder form. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
People also viewed
- Runny nose light headed sore throat headache
- Hit head and still hurts weeks later
- Nauseous and headache and pounding heart
- What should be done to cure headache
- Low grade night fever and headache
- Low grade fever with headache with eye movement
- What is the cure for dizziness and headache
- Migraine and overheating
- Migraine pcos
- Does herpes have a white head
- What is the cure for severe depression and headache
- Head hit runny nose
- What is the cure for headache and bleeding in nose
- What is the cure for recurring headache in the mornings
- Head injury and hemeglobin