What is the cure for chronic dry mouth?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi i am a 41 yr old female a few months back i started to get fierce pressure and pins and needles in my head mouth tounge and throat and constanly had a salty taste in my mouth then the taste turned metalic i visited my ent heexamined my ears nose and throat and said everything was fine however my symptoms have got way worse i still have all the pins and needles pressure but its all on the left side i now have completly lost my taste and have a chronic dry mouth and throat im on alot of pain medication due to a back problem so i know these tablets can cause dry mouth but im on the same tablets 16 months and take less than what i was taking i wear dentures and now my dentures are falling out of my moth my left cheek bone feels like there is less musce around it than my rght so i came into hospital under a nuroglist for tests he has done a mri of the brain and cervical spine both were normal and numerous blood tests all normal he has even sent some special antibody blood tests away the last few days my mouth is wet but my the water just drips off my tounge its like my tounge wont absorb anything i do have a lump of gum on my upper mouth and it feels like there is something stuck in my ear i eat some cream awhile ago but it just turned into like grease in my mouth please help me im at my wits end with all this and im still in hospital
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: I will advise you CT scan brain and PET scan Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your history and investigation there can be possibility of benign malignancy may be arising from neural origin. I will advise you CT scan brain and face and PET scan. Stem cell therapy may have role in your disease. You need to continue supportive therapy. Medication like methylcobalamine will help to reduce tingling sensation. And also check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.